Preparing for School
There is a great deal that you can do to prepare your child for school, both socially and intellectually.
Help your child to become confident in performing everyday tasks such as:-
- using the toilet properly and washing hands
- using cutlery appropriately
- hanging up clothes
- putting shoes on the correct feet
- taking turns and sharing
Play, talk and read with your child:
- encourage questions and give explanations
- ask questions yourself
- encourage your child to recognise and use lower case letters rather than capitals
- count, collect and sort objects in everyday life
- learn colours
- listen to music
- care for pets/plants
- help at home with clearing up and putting away.
And remember that all of these activities should be FUN!