Skip to content ↓

Covid Catch Up Plan

Funding  Allocation 

Funding is allocated for 60% of pupils eligible for pupil premium per school.  75% of the cost is subsidised in the academic year 2021/22.  Schools and academy trusts will need to fund the remaining 25% through other budges, for example recovery premium or pupil premium.  The subsidy rate for 2022/23 will be 60% and for 2023/24 will be 25%.   

Use of funds

The grant is designed to help close the education gap between disadvantaged and vulnerable pupils and their peers.  Schools are expected to prioritise these pupils for tutoring.  However, schools have the flexibility to decide which pupils need the most support to help them catch up on missed education.  

 Accountability and monitoring 

The department for education requires that all schools and academy trusts provide us with data through: 

  • The School Census, once a term.  
  • An online form developed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) once at the end of the academic year. 

    This data will also be used to evaluate the programme via a DFE commissioned independent evaluation.  

    All schools and academy trusts will be required to identify pupils in receipt of school led tutoring in their school census return.